Lately I have been trying to go full vegan. I haven’t made it there yet but I’m working on it. In my quest to find tasty veggie meals, I’ve been realizing my love for cauliflower. This vegetable pairs really well with just about anything.
During my last trip to the grocery store, I came across Green Giant’s Cauliflower Medley and immediately decided to purchase it. Since I have an undying love for Asian cuisine, I wanted to create a dish that would give me all the satisfaction that fried rice gives.
It seems as though Cauliflower Fried Rice is all the rage but I opted to do a different take on the dish. I formulated this recipe with some spices that I already had on hand. The results were stellar, so I had to share it with you.
Cajun Cauliflower Shrimp & Lobster Fried Rice
- Green Giant Cauliflower Medley
- Onion Finely Chopped
- 1 stick Celery Finely Chopped
- Langostino Wild Caught Lobster Tails Fully Cooked, Peeled & Ready To Eat
- Wild Caught Medium Shrimp
- 1 teaspoon Ms. Dash Southwest Chipotle
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay
- 1 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Butter Optional
- 1 tbsp Grapeseed Oil Or any oil of your choice
- 1 tbsp Grapeseed Oil (Or any oil of your choice)
- Pour one tablespoon of oil in a large skillet, over medium high heat.
- When skillet is hot enough, add your chopped onions and celery. Cook until translucent. (about 5 mins)
- Add lobster and shrimp and cook until the shrimp start turning partially pink. There will be water that start to formulate, drain some of that way out of the skillet. Draining the water will ensure that your cauliflower doesn’t get mushy.
- Return skillet to heat and add all of your spices.
- Mix to coat all of the shrimp and lobster
- Create a whole in the middle of the skillet, then add the Cauliflower Medley.
- Cook for an additional 5-7 mins on high heat.
- The cauliflower rice may start sticking to the pan. You can either add more oil or butter to loosen it up a bit. You just want to ensure that your cauliflower appears like fried rice, rather than mashed potatoes.
- Once cauliflower is throughly cooked, remove from heat, plate and enjoy!
- There are so many variations to this recipe:
- For a vegan version omit the shrimp and lobster.
- For extra toppings Add green onions