Who’s been the PF Chang’s lately?! I remember the last time that I visited there, I was in LA on a business trip. A business colleague invited me to dinner. I was looking for a meal option that was not going to be too heavy but was satisfying and full of flavor. My dinner companion suggested the PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps and it was the perfect choice.
The crunchiness of the fresh butter lettuce and water chestnuts along with the combination of Asian flavors really made it memorable for me. As stated in my Copycat Starbucks Frappuccino video, I love recreating entrees that I’ve had at restaurants. Half the time I feel like I can make it better at home. After some hits and misses. I think I found the perfect palette of flavors that your whole family will enjoy. This dish is quick, flavorful, and a definite keeper. Enjoy!
Copycat PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 pound Ground Chicken you can subsutite with any meat or meatless options
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 small Onion diced
- ¼ cup Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tbsps Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Ginger Freshly Grated
- 1 tbsp Sriracha Sauce optional
- 1 8 oz Can of Water Chestnuts drained diced
- 2 Green Onions thinly sliced
- 1 head Butter Lettuce
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Red Jalenpeno
- Rice Noodles
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style. Garnish with red jalapeno and rice noodles