Easter Sunday is tomorrow and I thought that it would be fun to do something different on IG LIVE. Since the pandemic, I started doing #FoodieFriday. It allowed me to show how I throw down in the kitchen and share my love of cooking. On Good Friday, I thought that it was a good idea to have actress, Crystal Hayslett, join me via IG LIVE so we can cook up some vittles together.
Crystal Renee’ Hayslett, best known for her role as Fatima on Tyler Perry’s Sistas on BET. Crystal is a true representation of starting from the bottom and staying committed to your dreams. This multi-hyphenate talent started her journey in Washington D.C. where she worked on Capitol Hill for the United States Senate. She was/is a singer, stylist and worked her way up from styling for Tyler Perry to become a cast member on one of his shows. What a success story!
Press play on the video and learn more about this super-talented beauty while we cook a delicious dish. The full recipe is provided below.
- 10 Limes juiced
- 1 lbs Shrimp peeled devined, and diced
- 2 tbs Kosher salt
- 2 Jalapenoes seeded & minced OPTIONAL if you want a little kick
- 1 Small red onion diced
- 2 cups Cherry tomatoes diced
- Fresh cilantro leaf for garnish
- Tortilla Chips for serving
- Mix lime juice, shrimp, and salt together. Let ingredients for a couple of hour or overnight. You want to make sure that the lime juice fully cooks the shrimp.
- Once your shrimp mixture has marinated, add the remaining ingridents. Serve with some tortilla chips.