Thanksgiving is a time for family, friends, and of course, food! What would the holiday be without delicious dishes like turkey, stuffing, and pie? But what about drinks? There are plenty of Thanksgiving drinks options out there, but bourbon apple cider is definitely a favorite.
What is bourbon apple cider and how is it made?
Bourbon apple cider is a type of hard apple cider that is made by adding bourbon to apple cider. The bourbon is added to give the cider a more complex flavor. The cider is made by fermenting apples with yeast.
What are the benefits of drinking bourbon apple cider?
There are many benefits to drinking bourbon apple cider. First and foremost, it is a great tasting drink that is perfect for any occasion. Additionally, it’s a great source of antioxidants, which can help improve your overall health. It also has a good source of vitamins and minerals, including potassium, zinc, and magnesium. Lastly, bourbon apple cider is a natural source of fiber, which can help keep your digestive system healthy.
How can you enjoy THIS COCKTAIL during Thanksgiving?
Bourbon Apple Cider is a popular fall drink, but some people don’t know how to drink it properly. Typically it’s severed warm or cold, similar to a hot tottie or iced tea. When you drink Bourbon Apple Cider, you should sip it slowly. Enjoy the moment! Don’t gulp it down, because you’ll end up with a stomachache.
It’s a fun, festive and delicious drink that will definitely spice up your Thanksgiving.
Bourbon Apple Cider
- 4 ½ cups Apple Cider (recommend Simply Apple)
- 1 tbsp Orange Juice
- 1 whole Cinnamon Stick
- 3 whole Cloves
- 1 whole Star Anise
- 8 oz Bourbon
- 4 slices oranges garnish
- 1 whole Cinnamon Stick garnish
- Cinnamon + Sugar to rim the glass
- Cinnamon + Sugar (to rim the glass)
- TO MAKE HOT CIDER
- Place the apple cider, cinnamon stick, orange juice, cloves and star anise in a small pot and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and strain into a pitcher.
- Note: you could add the Bourbon to the pot as well and bring all of the ingredients to a boil, or you can add it in the next step.
- TO MAKE THE COCKTAIL
- If you plan to rim the glass with sugar do that now. See notes for details.In the glass, add 2 oz bourbon and 1 cup of the cider mix.Garnish with an orange slice and stick of cinnamon and serve warm.
- How to Rim the Glass with Cinnamon Sugar – Place approximately ¼ cup sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon on a flat plate. Mix the two together until well combined. Take an extra slice of the orange and rub the rim of the glass used for serving. One slice will work for all four glasses. Discard the slice. Then flip the glass upside down and place onto the plate with the sugar. Rotate ¼ turn back and forth. The sugar will adhere to the glass because of the moisture from the orange.
- Then add the drink into the glass.